Based on our experience, it is
at the outset to review and/or familiarize the students
with telecommunications literacy involving Khmer
fonts. We also encourage students to use the web
as a resource for research, e.g. for finding cultural
a PC with at least 128 MB of RAM or higher.
Operating System: Windows Vista and above (to assure the compatibility
with the Khmer Unicode and BRIX online software
1. Khmer viewing and inputting capabilities: PC
software such as the Global IMEs built into Windows
Vista and above.
2. Web browsers: Netscape 7.0, Mozilla Firefox 1.5,
or Internet Explorer 6.0 and above.
3. Internet Connection: either through a network
at your place of business or through a modem connection
at home. The modem should be at least 28.8 bps.
Information about establishing a UH-PPP dial-up
modem connection from your home are available from
4. Khmer Unicode font by KhmerOs - can be downloaded
via our website: khmer.hawaii.edu or at the developer
KhmerOs website: http://www.khmeros.info/?q=en/download
5. Microphone and headphones/speakers are required
to use with the online forums.
6. Networked computers (5 computers with Khmer software
applications with headphones and microphones) are
available in the College of Language, Linguistics,
and Literature's Multimedia Computer Lab during
open hours in Moore 153 (PC Lab), UH Mānoa. However,
nowadays, most schools have computer labs where
students can use the computer to work on assignment
if they are on campus.
7. Students must meet the general technical requirements
and have an understanding of the World Wide Web,
word processing, and email (if not, they need to
work together with instructor to meet these requirements).
Student's computer must have internet access, audio,
video to view these elements. Some of other utilities
can be downloaded for free:
* Adobe Acrobat Reader (for PDF files) Download
* QuickTime digital media player Download
* RealPlayer digital media player Download
* Adobe Shockwave Player Download
* WSFTP Free Version Download